Sunday, March 7, 2010

Blessed and not cursed

Ya'll, I've been seriously struggling lately with why God doesn't seem to be helping me much when I am so obviously overwhelmed by stress. I was feeling forgotten or abandoned, even though I knew that wasn't true. God has shown me lately that I need to quit focusing on all of the obstacles and problems, and trust in Jesus anyway. I need to be thankful for all He has done, and all He has given me. I need to praise Him because He is worthy! Just because I can't see what God is doing right now doesn't mean that He isn't doing anything.
So today we read about Balaam and how Balak tried to hire him to curse God's people. But every time Balak would take Balaam to a place to look out over Israel, God would tell him to bless them. He talked about how they were beautiful and victorious. God was looking on them with great love and proclaiming blessings over them! But, all the while, the Israelites were still in the wilderness, totally oblivious to any of that.
How foolish of me to ever think that my God, who gave His One and only Son for me, might abandon me! He loves me more than I could ever comprehend! And nobody can take His blessing away from me. I am forever His, forever loved, forever blessed. Hallelujah! I still don't know why He is allowing some things to continue to press in on me, but I know He has good plans for me and will bring me into His promised land. :)

1 comment: