Monday, March 15, 2010

Preparation to receive the Promise

I have loved our reading in Deuteronomy so far, and want to post about a few things that have jumped out to me over the past few days. Our God never ceases to amaze me! He knows exactly what we need and takes good care of us, even when we are distracted by our suffering and pain and can't see Him working. If we take a minute to look back prayerfully, we can see His fingerprints touching each moment of our experiences. He was there the whole time carrying us. Now, to Deuteronomy...
*I love 2:7, "For the Lord your God has blessed you in everything you have done. He has watched your every step through this great wilderness. During these forty years, the Lord your God has been with you, and you have lacked nothing."
*I need to trust and obey God, and not fear any giants.
*God will give territory to whoever he wants. Our territories have bounds we're supposed to stay in. Sometimes God may use someone else to finish fulfilling the vision He gave us. It's all for His glory!
*I must not forget all God has done for me.
*I must have no idols! If I mess up, I must quickly run to Jesus, repent, and seek Him with all of my heart and soul. He will forgive me. He is merciful. He will not abandon or destroy me. :)
*God is God and there is no other! He will let us see Him and hear Him because He loves us! He has rescued us from slavery, and now we must obey Him and stay on the path He has commanded us to follow.
*I must listen carefully to God and obey Him as long as I live- I wanna live loving Jesus! - and He will bless me.
*If God blesses us with prosperity or success, we must not forget Him. I can't do anything of value on my own. If any good comes from my life it is because God did it! I must never allow pride to inflate my ego. I must be humble and grateful for every time God chooses to use me or bless me.
*I've gotta quit complaining! It doesn't honor God. I need to remember God's goodness to me, and teach it to my children. We were slaves to sin, but Jesus set us free! Hallelujah! He made me holy. I belong to Him. I am His special treasure and He loves me! He has rescued me from slavery and oppression! I don't need to be afraid anymore! Hallelujah!
*So, why am I having to go through this wilderness? It is to humble me and test me to prove my character, and to find out if I'll obey God. (Unfortunately, it ain't always been pretty.) I have to learn to depend on God and trust Him. He disciplines me for my good because He loves me. :) And I love Him so much! I really want to please Him and not mess up so much.
*I need to walk with Jesus and praise Him for every blessing. I must be very careful to stay near Him and take no blessing for granted. When He empowers me to be successful, I must give Him all of the glory, honor and praise! Ya'll, my life is so messed up, if anything good comes from it it is surely the hand of God!
*I also need to remember that if I turn away from God and turn to idols, it'll destroy me. I don't want to be destroyed, but more than that I don't want to be far from my God who loves me.
Oh Father, please never let me wander from you. Hold my hand tight and help me walk with You. I love You so much! Hallelujah! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. I have no doubt that God will hold you and help you to walk closely with Him. Thank goodness for our Savior.

    ReplyDelete