Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just checking in.....

It's been a while since there has been a new post so I thought I would post something in hopes that others would do the same. I really enjoy reading what other people are learning from God's Word. Reading through the Old Testament has been really tedious for me, but I am so glad that I have continued to read and learn about God and His love for His people. Those sweet Israelites seemed to be such a mess. One minute they obeyed and then the next they rebelled. Once the rebellion wasn't so fun, they repented and the cycle began all over again. When reading about this it's so quick for me to form an opinion about them. I mean, really? God did so much for the Israelites and they couldn't even stay focused and serve Him? Interestingly enough, that pretty much describes me at different stages in my life. Thankfully when I thought I didn't need God anymore, He never left me. Hallelujah for God's love and grace.

Now I am off to read about David and Saul. I love how God used the "ruddy, young boy" to lead the Israelites. God can use all of us if we are willing.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, that is so very true ! We get caught up in the wordly things of life and do not stay focused on why we are here !! Thank-you Lord for never leaving me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leigh. I read this comment back when you posted it, and again today. (I decided to check back and see if anyone is posting and saw one more.) This post of yours is such a reflection of my life right now. I want to pout and whine so bad, but honestly I have so much to be thankful for! Father God has provided for me all this time, and I can trust Him to keep taking care of me. :)

    ReplyDelete